LOOK! It's a bird...no it's a plane...nope it's Todd Blogging again. I decided since my wife is to "busy" to blog then I might as well do it for her and since I have her login and password there isn't really much she can do about it. Sorry all you blog stalking stay at home mom's but I have the keyboard and you will read every word that I write...unless of course you decide to click on that pretty little red X at the top right of your screen. Your loss.
Emilie bless her heart she is such a sweet wife...no really she is the best but boy is she predictable! Let me explain with a timeline.
9:00 am: She wakes up
9:30 am: She calls me at work (Conversation goes something like this: Hi babe! Hi. How are you? Good. What are you doing? Working. Ok, well I love you. Love you too sweetie. Ok, I will call you later.) I am sure she will.
11:00: She calls me at work (Conversation goes something like this: Hi babe! Hi. How are you? Good. What are you doing? Working. Ok, well I love you. Ok, well I am going to the gym at lunch I will call you later this afternoon, love you.)
12:45: She calls Me (I don't answer...hmmm why you ask? Please re-read the 11:00 time stamp, I am at the gym)
12:47: She text messages me..."Where are you"....I don't respond to the text message because I am.....at the gym
12:50: She text messages me again..."Is everything ok"....I don't know i am still at the gym!
1:00: She calls me (I don't answer but this is because I go pulled into an unexpected meeting right when I got back from the gym)
2:00: I finally call Emilie back (the conversation goes something like this..."Where are you?" Work. Is everything ok? I think so, did you hear something that I didn't when I was at the gym or in my meeting? Well, no but you didn't answer the phone or return my texts. Sweetie...I was at the gym and then in an hour long meeting...sorry. Ok well I love you. Love you too.
This is pretty much how things go on a daily basis so I being the awesome guy that I am I decided to do a Blog Public Service Announcement to all of the beautiful wives who made it to the bottom of this post.
Wives: There is a pretty good chance (I would say high 90%) that between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm your husband is in one of three places; WORK, the GYM, or LUNCH (the bathroom is in there as well but technically that is considered at work still) so next time you call the provider of your family don't start the conversation off with "WHERE ARE YOU"
I love you all... (yes even you the creepy guy from Shittycaca, Tennesse who found this blog while randomly Googling who knows what!)
Todd 1 Florrie 0.....seriously, Pine Sol, is that the best you've got?
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Todd, I think you hit that one spot on....good writing!
Lew
Alright, so i am laughing right now and so is Justin. Todd is actually good at this whole blogging thing, he should do it more often!!!!! There is so much truth to his blog, Justin was laughing because that is exactly how his day goes except that i will call until he actually answers, which means 10 times in a row.
HAHA!! that was awesome. Except I have to say that, usually it's the other way around with Grant and I! I'm the one at the meetings :) He teases me cause he thinks my work is one huge meeting! If I'm lucky I do stop to go to the bathroom and possibly take a lunch :) I'm sure that if you were to ask Grant, he would say I do that to him too!
Are you kidding me todd? That was hilarious, I had to read it aloud to Brad it was so funny. Sadly, I think the reason it was so hilarious is because I do the same thing and Brad HATES it. I just get so bored and usually don't have anyone else to call (which means I have already called my mom and sister for the day) so then Brad is next. However, this new job he is at he's really busy at, which really cuts down on the ol' how are ya? good love ya bye conversations. We miss you and Em! Keep these posts coming! I don't hear enough from your cute significant other on here for my blog stalking purposes, so keep em coming!
Hahaha...this is so funny!!! I love it!!!
Poor Em is just trying to check up on you and tell her she loves you. I bet you would miss her calls if she stopped. Maybe you should call her! I'm with her on this.
Oh my dear Todd, you are just so witty. Seriously, I googled shittycaca and there is no such place. HA! (Just kidding. DUH, I'm not a total idiot.)
I think that most of the time you guys WANT us to think that you're working....but really, I know what ya'll do.....go to movies, go golfing, and what about Magleby's Fresh every Friday????
We SAHM's are just lonely for a little adult conversation. Jeesh. YOu don't have to be rude.
Love you. Oh, and I think Pine sol puts your post to shame....I'm just saying...... Maybe we should take a vote......
todd, i'm so glad you've taken over the blog! someone has to do with Miss "busy" not doing it eh? (there's always a place for her at the DQ)
I'm dying at this one though- oh the funnies!!!
I think you hit it on the head as well. Aubree likes to instant message me 15 times, like I don't get the first one she sent. Obviously I am not at my computer so sending ten more messages probably wont do much...
Dave
Couple of things... 1 - she wakes up at 9:00?!! By 9:00 Iz and I are on to our snacks, played with toys, got ready etc.. Only in my dreams will 9:00 be my wake up time.
2 - I really can call Rob and ask "Where are you" because to be honest...I never really know.
That is really funny, I will have to tell Dale to read it, and he will totally agree with you.
Does it ever occur to you that we just love to hear our husbands voices?
Also, I agree with Sarah, you are getting really good at this blogging thing. Maybe I should have Dale try it out since I am just as good as Emily at keeping it updated!!!
Claire sleeps in until 9:00? That is awesome!
Good job!! Keep on bloggin Tood, otherwise we will not hear from your family. How about a few pictures once in awhile?
Oh man, Emilie is just as awesome as me:) Can a girl help it if she loves her husband and worries about him and needs to hear a voice other than a toddlers? But Emilie, you are SOOOO lucky that you can sleep till 9am. My little freaks are up around 6.
I love that Todd is taking over the blogging! Very entertaining...
Emily, we still want to hear from you lady! Where you at?
Todd, very accurate but best not to irritate the wife. We don't like it.
Nice! Very entertaining, but maybe you two should switch places for a day. I know that if Steven and I did that, I would come home to Steven curled up in a ball in the corner somewhere sucking his thumb while Cody's life would be hanging by a thread as he ventured off towards 1600 North. :)
Ok loved the post but Ive got to say Im with Emilie on this one!!!
Todd you have a great wife who loves to hear your voice and loves to talk to you. I need to be better at what Emilie is great at. I love my husband too but he gets upset because I don't call him often during the day and he thinks Im not thinking about him or missing him!!! LOL I guess the grass is always greener on the otherside!!???
pretty funny... but I am on Em's side too, I think the men should call and see how the wife is doing at home!
Todd-if you become a helicopter pilot, you could become completely unreachable for days at a time. Freak out! Would this be good? I think the calls will slow over time as we age we gradually become very busy. Emilie is a cute wife with a grand purpose. I can vouche for you Todd--I saw you at the gym once. Your blog is awesome! Sorry I didn't say hi at the gym--I'm very scary (even unrecognizable, ask Marcus).
Todd, you are quite the man. Don't you know however that you don't let the world know your wife's obsessive complusive personality. Just kidding. Emilie has no faults. I just started my own blog per the request of a friend it's actually pretty fun so I can see why you are moving more towards our (female) side in this matter.
You all are a beautiful family.
Post a Comment