In 1982 there was a band by the name of “Dexys Midnight Runners” and they had a "one hit wonder" song by the name of “Come on Eileen” and this song got me thinking about a special event that will take place at 9:00 PM tonight at an undisclosed location…will this event be a “one hit wonder” for any of those envolved? Who will prevail past the pain and soreness, the blood sweat and tears….Eileen will you give up after day one? How about you Dick? C-dog what about you? Bob won’t quit will she? And what about the R-ASS man, can he handle the heat? Well, only time will tell! But if I was a betting man...which I used to be (see (lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-520-21,00.html) i would have to evaluate each participant individually...but I won't do that...or maybe I will...yeah I will!
Eileen: Perhaps the #1 contender because she has single handily raised 4 children of which one is a crazy red head. (Trust me...her husband doesn't do much to help). However Eileen's downfall may come in the form of her arrogance...i mean she hasn't let anybody forget that she ran the St. George Marathon...seriously Eileen it wasn't that hard.
Dick: If the legend is accurate (it's an old legend so I can't verify the accuracy) then Dick actually rode his peddle bike all the way from Salt Lake City to St. George...if he can do that can he survive the gauntlet tonight? Could his downfall be the fact that he is surrounded by the best tasting French Fries in the world?
C-Dog: Ok, i'll be honest C-dog is for sure my favorite in the field of competitors, let's just say that I have a special bond with her and frankly they don't come much better then her. As far as whether or not she will be a "one hit wonder" not a chance...this lady has no quit in her...the real question is whether or not she will get a good enough workout.
Bob: Bob is the only competitor that really has a distinct advantage in this whole competition...she has tasted of the goodness...or badness which ever you prefer...and even after tasting of it she wanted more...did she slack the first time around...do I need to work her harder? (That's what she said....no time!)
R-ASS Man: I think that the R-ASS man is the dark horse in the competition (you know kind of like Paula Abdual said that David Cook was the dark horse right after Randy Jackson got done saying the exact same thing) anyway, I digress. The R-ASS often times just sits back and waits for his time to strike, but as a wise man once said "R-ASS man, why are you the way you are?" Will he be the "one hit wonder"????
It's a tough field I won't lie...perhaps their isn't a clear favorite but is there a clear unfavorite? Eileen? No, seriously come on Eileen is it going to be you?
This was written by Todd...Emilie only wishes she had the mad literary skills that have.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay, seriously??? The. Funniest. Post. I. Have. Ever. Read. Is this what you do; not post for months on end (or EVER for that matter) so that you can save up all your goodness for one HILARIOUS little ditty. Well done, Todd. I am ready for you to kick my butt tonight! (Although, admittedly, I'm crappin' in my pants as well....)
PS Would you quit being such a good blogger.....that's my THING in the family.....get your own THING.
PPS EILEEN rocks!
HAHAHA! I never EVER thought I would see this day. To be honest it brings a little tear to my eye to finally have this kind of family unity:) No, but serious props babe on bringing your A game to the blogging world. Only wish I would be there tonight. "Come on Eileen!" - disclaimer: only quoting the words to the song. I am an impartial bystander that diplomatically supports ALL contenders involved. Good Luck!
Bob says: Bring it on!!!!
Okay, you can't leave me in the dark...it seems like I never know what's going on! Do tell!
Post a Comment